Sunday 20 November 2011

...From...

Shot of a bike in Amsterdam. Taken with my HTC Desire using the Camera360 Android app :)

As you probably know (or not), Amsterdam is the bike capital of Holland/Europe/World (no, I did not google this to get my facts straight, I'm going with my gut-feeling here :), and our steel horses are covering large areas of the best city in the world, according to some boring stats, we even have more bikes than people, but I'm too lazy to count them myself, so this is just another unsubstantiated claim I'm making here...well, sort of, since I've provided the link above :)

The only thing I find surprising about this, is that there are still some people left who don't ride a bike (and yes, I do know some of them personally), a way of living that I can't even begin to imagine...the day I'll be too old to ride a bike will be the day that I'll ask my friends to duck-tape me to the fabulous Lord Bikenheimer, and push me into the Amstel head-first, because it will a very sad day. Of course I'm hoping and wishing, that even if I should make it to a hundred or more years of age, that I'll still be able to fill the hearts and minds of my fellow Amsterdammers with terror and remorse when they see me approaching on my bike with a wicked smile on my wrinkly face, and a "Yippie-Kai-Yay, Motherfucker!" on my old, dehydrated lips, lol :D

Have a wonderful week :)



Amsterdam photos

Wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment