Monday 7 November 2011

The Beck's City...

Unedited shot of people in Amsterdam reflected in a puddle. Taken with my Sony HX1. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

The Dutch seem to have some secret desire to drink German beer, there are signs all over the city promoting Beck's beer or Warsteiner, and I find this highly confusing, I mean we have pleeenty of delicious local beers (and no, I'm not talking about the world-famous Heineken, it is brewed with canal-water, and barely deserves the name beer, yikes!), that invite you to sample their fresh flavor and enjoy their heady way of making life seem more fun and colorful. Maybe these signs are relics from World War II, and we should contact the German Ambassador to come and pick them up, I mean who would want to be reminded of such a dark part of the Dutch history, even if it's done with the refreshing appeal of beer?! What's that? I'm being too serious about this and should have a Beck's to overcome these objections? Ok then, since you're asking so nicely, thanks, Proost, Cheers, enjoy, it's almost weekend now anyway, hahaha :P


Amsterdam photos

Wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment