Saturday 9 July 2011

Meet...


Meet..., originally uploaded by AmsterS@m - The Wicked Reflectah.

Unedited shot of people at the giant "I amsterdam' letters in Amsterdam, reflected in a puddle. Taken with my Sony HX1. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

These giant letters seem to be one of the most popular tourist attractions in the best city in the world, when ever I go to the Museumplein to shoot them in a puddle, they're surrounded by billions of people having their picture taken while they crawl into the letters, on top of them, between them or behind them...I think the reason for this lies in our subconsciousness, we want proof that we've been to places (hence all the photo-shooting when we're on vacation), and what's better than a picture of yourself spelling out the name of the place you visited in larger-than-life letters?! Nothing, that's what, haha :)

Have a wicked weekend :)


I've made a wicked reflection movie of these guys as well, watch it on my YouTube channel, thank you :)

Movie


Amsterdam photos

Wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment