Wednesday 19 January 2011

At...


At..., originally uploaded by AmsterS@m - The Wicked Reflectah.

Unedited shot of a biker close to the Leidseplein in Amsterdam, reflected in a puddle. Taken with my Sony HX1. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

I remember in the late'ish 90s there was this phone booth just across the street from this puddle where you could use the Internet with a regular prepaid phone-card, a technology that was so far ahead (or behind?) the time, that it was soon abandoned again. I fondly remember inserting my card and then not knowing what to do on that Interwebs thing, I had just registered my very first email address ever (@ Hotmail, it was so brand-new and cool back then, hahaha :)) a few months prior, but none of my friends were online, so there was nothing to do and nowhere to go, but I liked the idea of 'mobile' Internet access so much that I had to smile every time I passed by that phone booth...good old times...not!

Enjoy your digital day, and don't forget, this whole Flickr/Google/Facebook thing is still just a baby, and we've already become so dependent on it, I can't even imagine living a single day without it, and luckily, I don't have to...thank you for being part of this great, wicked experience :))

My next photo exhibition at the ABC Treehouse, together with the lovely Miss Monyart, is going to start on February 5 and will go on until the end of the month, hope to see you there :)


Amsterdam photos

Wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment