Saturday 15 May 2010

Garbage Strike In Amsterdam - He Did It!

Slightly edited shot of the Garbage strike in Amsterdam, taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. No editing besides some fiddling with contrast and saturation, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

As you might know, the Garbage-people of Amsterdam are on a strike for some time already, while we've hosted the Queensday, the 4th (Remembrance Day) and the 5th of May (Liberation Day), and the Giro d'Italia in the same period...as you can imagine, this has left the best city in the world looking and smelling like a giant pile of garbage...the streets are filled with huge mountains of waste bags, furniture and dead things in various states of decay, not a nice situation, and I'm sure we'll all be eaten by giant rats soon, hahaha ;-D

Hey, it's Job, our former mayor, who conveniently left the city to play with the big boys in Den Haag just in time to miss the Garbage strike...it's gotta be his fault :-P

I've uploaded some of my garbage pictures to the local news site 'AT5' as well and they posted them :))

I've also made 2 movies of me biking through dirty Downtown Amsterdam, watch them on my YouTube page!

Movie 1
Movie 2

More Amsterdam pictures

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment