Wednesday 26 May 2010

Bikey Is The Best!

Unedited shot of the best bike in the world, reflected in a puddle on the Utrechtsestraat in Amsterdam. Taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

After 3 1/2 years of dutifully serving under me, my beloved Bikey has finally reached the end of its life as a work horse and will retire this week...

We've been through a lot together in the last years, rain, sunshine, snow&ice, hailstorms, a visit to the Dutch Queen, and of course billions of puddles, that we often managed to snap some wicked shots of before riding off into the sunset. We went on a 'Pan European Bike Trip' with the 'Caravan of Love', to open the hearts and minds of our fellow Europeans to the idea of harmonic togetherness across the Continent. We went up- and downhill together. We created my first YouTube Bike-ride movie as a team. We offered lifts, we helped transport heavy equipment, we chilled in the parks together, we made a difference, we made things easier and funner, we made this world a better place...

Bikey will spend the rest of its days taking it easy, offering the occasional ride to a visiting friend or relative, but mainly just snoozing away the days, eating the cigarette butts from the gutter (a nasty habit I never managed to break!) and enjoying the sunshine, knowing that it has offered anything that a bike can offer to its Cowboy, and so much more...I miss you already and I will always fondly remember our years as partners in crime and the circa 20 000 kilometers we made together, you are the best :-D

Bikey taking it easy in downtown XXX-city for one last time...

To show Bikey how much I appreciate it, I've also made some reflection movies of our last ride through downtown Amsterdam yesterday, watch them on my YouTube page!

Movie 1
Movie 2
Movie 3
Movie 4


More wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment