Thursday 11 November 2010

...A Trick...

Unedited shot of bikes at the Rokin in Amsterdam, reflected in a puddle. Taken with a borrowed Sony HX1. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

Last weekend I've been testing a Sony HX1 camera that I've borrowed for a couple of days, and I have to say that I very much like what it does with puddle reflections. I had to set it to 2 Megapixel because I've only had this ooold 128MB memory card from my SonyEricsson S700i mobile phone, that I started out with here on Flickr about 4 years ago, so I had to reduce the quality/size to be able to take more than 5 photos, and still the outcome is pretty impressive (if I may say so myself) so that now I'm considering buying it. One of the best features is that you can flip the display over in different angles while shooting, so that for the first time ever, I'd actually be able to see what I'm taking photos of, lol. Until now I've been creating my reflections 'blind', I'd take a couple of shots, check if I like what I see and take some more...imagine what wicked pictures I'd be able to take when I can see the reflections while/before shooting them :))

In this shot you can also see my beloved bike, the wickedcool Lord Bikenheimer :)

Amsterdam photos

Wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment