Wednesday 10 November 2010

...In The...

Unedited shot of a boy in the Sarphatipark in Amsterdam, reflected in a puddle. Taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

Looking at this picture, I get flashbacks to my childhood, I used to be half a jungle-kid, living outdoors, playing in the woods with my friends, riding my bicycle everywhere, roaming the fields and forests, discovering animals, plants and all those other things that make being in the free, open nature such a fun thing...now that I'm grown-up (age-wise, mentally I'm still about 8 years old, lol ;) I'm forced to spend most of my time inside artificial environments, creating value for the shareholders of the company I work for, instead of being out there, enjoying the good things in life...but I can't really complain, I still get to ride my bike each day while listening to music, watching the birds, enjoying the sights and sounds of the park and the many creatures living in and around the canals and rivers in the best city in the world :))

And yes, of course all this reminiscing of the old days makes me hum this song in my head, putting a smile on my lips :)


I've also shot a movie of this puddle in the park, check it out on my YouTube channel, thank you :)

Movie


Amsterdam photos

Wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment