Saturday 27 November 2010

Amsterdam...

Unedited shot of people at a Tram-stop at the Rembrandtplein in Amsterdam, reflected in a puddle. Taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

I'm still busybusybusy taking care of interesting, annoying issues that keep popping up lately, and some of these things required me to take the Tram, something I do maybe once a year and try to avoid whenever I can, I usually travel everywhere on my trustworthy bike Lord Bikenheimer, not just because I prefer to decide which way to go, how fast to go and all that, but also because the public transportation system in Amsterdam is slow, expensive (2,60 euro for 1 hour!) and often overcrowded. Unfortunately this weekend I had to make use of it repeatedly and realized once again that the best city in the world is a whole different place when experienced from the inside of a Tram or Metro. I really don't know how people can do this every day, it's just such a nerve-wrecking, smelly, overpriced way to travel and the only upside is that you get to look at people and watch them trying to waste their time reading the paper, staring at the information-screens or watching others trying to waste their time reading the paper, staring at the information-screens, etc, a bit of a vicious cycle, hahaha :-D

Enjoy your Sunday, take it easy :)


I've made a wicked reflection movie of this puddle too, check it out on my YouTube channel, thanks :)

Movie

Amsterdam photos

Wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment