Wednesday 9 June 2010

Reflections Of Amsterdam - Still Not My Week!

Unedited shot of the best bike in the world, Lord Bikenheimer, chilling out next to the Amstel Hotel in Amsterdam, reflected in a puddle. Taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

I don't know what's going on, but since last week I keep getting myself in strange and dangerous situations, yesterday I was biking home really fast through pouring rain, when this cab stopped in the middle of the road and started going backwards, in my direction...I stepped on the brakes of my bike, the fabulous Lord Bikenheimer, with both feet, but because the street was covered with water, I just kept sliding sideways at high speed towards the cab (I'd love to have that on film :), after about 4-5 meters of wicked aquaplaning I hit the back of the cab with my left side and the front of the bike, bouncing off it, luckily without too much damage, besides a serious hit on my already injured shoulder and a bent front light on my ride...

Then the driver got out, a massive guy of seemingly Moroccan origin, and he was in my face right away, informing me in an urgent, pushy way that "You need to pay for that" while pointing at some scratches on the side of the car, far from my impact zone, he got all worked up "What am I going to tell my Boss. Do you have money on you? If you give me 50 euros it's OK" and similar nonsense, I told him I didn't have any cash on my (of course I did, but why should I pay for some accident he had 6 months ago, probably while trying to push a biker off the street!?!). He asked if I had insurance and my first impulse was to just hop on my bike and ride off, but I knew he would have chased me, so I gave in and said "Yes, I do, do you have some kind of form to fill in?!". This somehow must have thrown him off track, because he then started looking at the car again (you could still see the silhouette of my body where it had hit outlined in the rain drops on the back of it :) and strangely enough said "OK, this time I let you go, we're good". I flashed him my Million-Euro Smile (Patent pending) and rushed home, soaked to the bones, shaky from slamming into the taxi, but glad to have another wicked AmsterSam Adventure to share with you, haha :D

Have a great day, be safe, be good!

I've shot a wicked puddle movie of the Lord at that spot too, check it out on my YouTube page :)

Movie


More wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment