Saturday 10 April 2010

Stoopid Is Back!

Slightly edited shot of a stoopid bee in a glass, taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. No editing besides some added contrast&saturation, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

I am not sure why this is, but every year when it gets warm, insects fly into my living room through the wide open balcony door and then they'll spend hours and hours bumping against the big window, trying to find their way out again but never manage, and every year I am wondering how they survived Evolution this long if they act so stoopidly and obviously can't even manage the simplest survival tasks...

I mean, seriously, how can bees/wasps/hornets run a whole state and live their organized, sophisticated (for insects!) lives, yet they can't find a 2x1 meter hole that's right in their hairy, yellow faces?! Since I'm a nice guy, I usually catch them with a glass, take some photos to shame them and set them free on my balcony :)

To really make this insect feel stoopid, I've filmed it too, watch it on my YouTube page!

Movie


Have a wonderful weekend!


More Amsterdam pictures

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment