Sunday 3 July 2011

...As The...

Unedited shot of buildings in Amsterdam, reflected in water. Taken with my Sony HX1. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

Yesterday I went to the Bijlmer, Amsterdam's most notorious 'Ghetto' (yes, the one a plane crashed into, in 1992), to visit a friend, and because I'm almost never in that area of the best city in the world, I got lost and kept biking in circles, waving my Google maps printout at people, asking them which way to go, and finally, after one hour, made it to the right place. On the way back to the city, I got lost again, but ended up passing by these buildings that were rather nicely reflected in a little artificial pond, so it was all good and worth it. These buildings look a bit untypical for this lovely city, that's because they're next to the Amstel station, where our tallest tower lives, the Amstel tower, a landmark that has helped me on many occasions to find back to the civilized world when traveling, as you can see it from farfar away already, waving and smiling at you, showing you the way back home...thank you tower :)

Have a relaxed Sunday :)


I've made a wicked puddle movie of these buildings too, watch it on my YouTube channel, thanks :)

Movie



Amsterdam photos

Wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment