Sunday 21 November 2010

...To Town

Unedited shot of people at the Christmas market at the Rembrandtplein in Amsterdam, reflected in a puddle. Taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

Here in good old Holland we have a bit of a different Christmas tradition than (most of) the rest of the world, we have Sinterklaas, a dude who comes on a steamboat from Spain each year, together with his horse and a bunch of little colored guys who are all called Zwarte Piet (Black Pete), and who are the subject of an annual heavy discussion if it's racism to have little black fellas help a tall white man to make the kids happy...personally I think they're so creepy that I don't even think as far as the racism point, so I'm not sure about that, but I gather that the kids love them, and don't mind being hit in the head with the Pepernootjes that they throw around, lol ;-)

Have a good start into the new week!


I've made a movie of that puddle as well, watch it on my YouTube channel, thank you :)

Movie


Amsterdam photos

Wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment