Saturday 27 March 2010

Parakeet In Paradise

Unedited shot of one of the wild Rose-ringed Parakeets that live in Amsterdam, taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. Dedicated to Pamela, for liking Amsterdam and these birdies almost as much as I do :)

As you might know, we have a healthy, happy community of wild Rose-ringed Parakeets in the best city in the world, and now that it's Spring, they swarm all over town again, looking for the juiciest plants to eat and the best sunspots to chill. Lucky me, they just happen to love that big chestnut tree in my backyard, so every year I get to see them feasting&resting on that tree :)


I've made some movies of this lovely birdie having lunch too, check them out on my YouTube page!

Movie 1
Movie 2

More Amsterdam photos

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment