Wednesday 23 January 2013

...Frenzy

Shot of birds by the Amstel in Amsterdam. Taken with a Panasonic DMC-FZ8.


Yesterday I went for a walk by the Amstel when suddenly I saw this old lady trip and fall into the snow, right away she was surrounded and attacked by hundreds of birds that hacked her into little tiny pieces with their sharp beaks and flew off with their greedy faces stuffed, leaving only her naked bones behind. At first I was shocked by this outburst of feeding frenzy, but then I realized that this is a very natural event, it's cold out there and birds need to eat too, sorry old lady, lol :D

Of course I made that story up, there was an old lady, but she threw some bread onto the ice and quickly walked away, possibly to avoid actually being eaten by the birds, she looked like an experienced bird-feeder and as if she knew what she was doing :)

I've also made 2 movies of the birds eating as well, please take the time to watch them on my YouTube channel, thank you :)

Movie 1
Movie 2


Amsterdam photos

Wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

'Like' me on Facebook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment