Friday 16 July 2010

Team Holland - Dutch Cowgirls

Unedited mobile phone cam shot of Dutch Football supporters Tuesday afternoon in Amsterdam. Taken with my C905 mobile phone. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

Tuesday the Dutch team came to Amsterdam for a boat tour through the best city the world, to give the orange fans an opportunity to meet their heroes of the 2010 FIFA World Cup in the flesh. This is only the second time they've ever done this, the first time was in 1988, when Holland won the European Championship and came home to a country that was overjoyed and stunned by the unexpected success of the boys :)

Unfortunately, I had to work that day and missed this historical event, I will never forgive myself for that, but at least I managed to snap some shots of those who were lucky enough to witness this special occasion going home afterwards...sad, isn't it?! But yeah, that's life, at least I was there for the grand final last Sunday on the Museumplein with 120 000 other fans, and I am assuming that we'll win the Euro 2012 and have another proper celebration in 2 years, so no need for tears, it's gonna be alright, yay ;-P

Thank God it's Friday!!!


I've also made some movies of the fans going home, watch them on my YouTube page :)

More 2010 World Cup pictures

More Amsterdam pictures

More Amsterdam People pictures

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment