Friday 28 May 2010

Baby's Got Back!

Slightly edited shot of the new best bike in the world. Taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. No editing besides some added contrast&saturation :)

I finally did it, I bought a new bike, yay! It took me months of research and visiting every online- and offline bike shop in the world, but I finally found a worthy replacement for my beloved Bikey, the former best bike in the world.

It wasn't easy, even after having found a bike that looked like it could fill my beloved Bikeys giant foot steps, the guy selling it just didn't seem to want to sell it to me...understandably, it is a pwettypwetty bike and I would not give it away for money or good words...somehow my daily visits for a whole week, combined with the substantial cash wads that I kept 'dropping accidentally' on the work floor, must've convinced him though that it's easier to build me a bike and get rid of me, than to keep up with my penetrating presence in his shop, lucky me :))

Of course a new bike needs a good name, but to my surprise she (the bike, clearly a girl!) had already thought of one and introduced herself as 'Lord Bikenheimer' to me...I said 'But you're a girl' and tried to overcome the painful silence that followed this stating of the obvious by snapping some shots of her special area...we agreed that until something better comes up, she'll go by 'Lord Bikenheimer' and we'll all try to forget this little episode of bike'ish gender-bender confusion, this is Amsterdam after all ;-D

Even from behind my new bike looks good :)

I made a movie of the good folks putting 'Lord Bikenheimer' together, watch it on my YouTube page!

Movie


www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment