Wednesday 21 October 2009

Reflections Of Amsterdam - The Royal Carnival

Unedited shot of a Fair outside the Royal palace on the Dam square in Amsterdam, reflected in a puddle. Shot with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8, no editing whatsoever, no tricks, no Photoshop :)

I like this one, it's got lots of stuff going on, there are colors, there's movement, there are people, bikes (sort of) and it makes my head go 'Wiiiiuuu Wiiiuuu Wiiiuuu' (not really, it does that most of the time by itself anyway!)...whenever I see a Carnival, or Fair like this one, I want to be a little boy again for just a moment, to marvel at the rides and all the sticky food stuff, like I used to.

On the other hand, I much prefer being a grown up (by age, not mental maturity!) because I do what I want, when I want, eat only things I really like (sorry Mum, hehe ;) and spend the money I make on fun things (not that paying the bills is so much fun, now that I think about it). In general I'd say life is good, life is fun and everybody should make the most out of their abilities, skills and the cards fate has dealt them, even if it's not always as easy as I make it sound here :))

Almost weekend, this time for real!


On October the 4th a new Art exhibition started at the 'ABC Treehouse' in Amsterdam, featuring 10 of my wicked puddle reflections :D

The theme is "AMS * NYC * AMS an artistic look at a 400 year affair". Exhibition and Special Events, 4 October – 29 November 2009. At the ABC Treehouse, Voetboogstraat 11, 1012XK Amsterdam (the link goes to Google Maps)

Public viewing hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Time 13h00 to 18h00. Free admission.


More wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment