Wednesday 28 October 2009

Reflections Of Amsterdam - I ♥ Bikey

Saturday November 7th you can see lots of my wicked reflections on a BIG screen during the Museumnacht at the Stadsarchief at the Vijzelstraat 32, 1017 HL Amsterdam, from 19:00 - 02:00!


Unedited mobile phone cam photo of my beloved Bikey, reflected in a puddle in Amsterdam. No editing, no tricks, no Photoshop :)

I totally heart my good old Bikey, she's the best bike in the world! Every day I appreciate the easy going way with which she moves me around in the best city in the world, unimpressed by traffic jams, stoned tourists stumbling in the streets and red traffic lights, we're just rollin', rollin', rollin'...I pitty the fool that can not go everywhere by bike, it must be a horrible feeling having to force yourself into a tiny, stinky car or a smelly, noisy tram/train with hundreds of other lost souls to get wherever people go these days :))

Bikey is a Dutch bike and has not only a big, comfy steering wheel, but also a nice fluffy saddle and the ability to roll for hundreds of meters without too much effort, I often outbike people on 'fast' bikes, while leaning back, puffing on a ciggie and laughing at those I leave behind in my dust...suckers, hahaha ;-D

Nah, just kidding, if you're on a bike, you're OK in my book!

We're soooo close to the weekend now, I feel all relaxed and happy already :)





On October the 4th a new Art exhibition started at the 'ABC Treehouse' in Amsterdam, featuring 10 of my wicked puddle reflections :D

The theme is "AMS * NYC * AMS an artistic look at a 400 year affair". Exhibition and Special Events, 4 October – 29 November 2009. At the ABC Treehouse, Voetboogstraat 11, 1012XK Amsterdam (the link goes to Google Maps).

Public viewing hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Time 13h00 to 18h00. Free admission.


More wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment