Friday 21 August 2009

Reflections Of Amsterdam - What Lies Beneath

Unedited mobile phone cam shot of the Singel canal in Amsterdam. No editing, no tricks, no Photoshop :)

When I biked by the Singel canal a few days ago, I noticed trillions of bubbles popping up at the surface, a very unusual sight, as the water consists mainly of pee&poop coming from the toilets of the houseboats you see everywhere (we don't have a system (yet) to filter their Nr.1's and Nr.2, weird, I know!), that flow directly into the canals and rivers, which makes it impossible, or at least very unpleasant for anybody and anything to swim in them, hence my disbelieve at seeing obvious signs of life, or at least signs of somebody farting under water, I still don't know what it was, but it definately adds something to this wicked reflection :))

If you look closely, you can see the bubbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment