Sunday 16 August 2009

Reflections Of Amsterdam - Legs Up!

Mobile phone cam shot of a lady biker and the Amstel Hotel, reflected in a puddle in Amsterdam. No Photoshop, no tricks, just a bit of saturation&contrast added for your viewing pleasure :)

The bridge outside the Amstel Hotel has this installation that sprays water on the street and tram tracks, to prevent them from melting on hot Summer days, so I always have my puddles there. The water gushes out at such high pressure that the bikers have to lift their feet to avoid getting soaked. Unfortunately, the wet street&tracks cause lots of them to crash&fall, in the 10 minutes or so that I was there to take photos, I saw 3 accidents, luckily nobody was seriously harmed, but I'm sure if we were in the US, I could sue somebody over this mindless situation :))

At one point an ambulance came flying by and the water fountain it created totally drenched this guy on his scooter who stood by the side to let them pass, I had to laugh and wonder if he thinks 'It's OK, I got all wet, but I might have helped to save a life by standing by the side of the road, getting soaked while letting the ambulance pass by to get to their destination faster'...it was probably more something like 'F*****g Hell, those Bastards!', hehe ;-P

It's Wednesday, that means the weekend is just around the corner, yay :D

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment