Tuesday 24 November 2009

Reflections Of Amsterdam - SHARP

Unedited mobile phone cam shot of 2 bald guys on a Scooter looking at me, reflected in a puddle in Amsterdam. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

These dudes look like Skinheads, but considering they are on a scooter, they might be SHARPs, Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice, or some Ska-loving Rude Boys, or maybe not :)

One thing is for sure though, they're bald and they're obviously lazy or they would be on their bikes and not on a scooter, hehe...I used to have this oooold Vespa from the late 60s that never really worked properly, I bought it from a friend without an engine, got a motor from somebody else and build it in, unfortunately I was working on the lovely old thing with a friend one day, while emptying a crate of beer (not a good idea!), and I pulled out a cable that was essential to making it work and impossible to get back into it's original location...I even brought the scooter to a repair shop and they couldn't fix it, so I carried it upstairs into my living room where it stayed for a couple of years as decoration until I moved several times, getting less and less interested in carrying it up&down the stairs with all my other shizzle and eventually it was stolen from a friends garage where I stored it...that's life, who knows if I was such a dedicated bike-rider today if I'd ever managed to make that baby roll :D

Almost weekend!

This weekend is your last chance to see my wicked reflections printed in real life, check the details below, exhibition ends coming Sunday :)


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
!!Last Week!!

On October the 4th a new Art exhibition started at the 'ABC Treehouse' in Amsterdam, featuring 10 of my wicked puddle reflections :D

The theme is "AMS * NYC * AMS an artistic look at a 400 year affair". Exhibition and Special Events, 4 October – 29 November 2009. At the ABC Treehouse, Voetboogstraat 11, 1012XK Amsterdam (the link goes to Google Maps).

Public viewing hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Time 13h00 to 18h00. Free admission.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

More wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment