Wednesday 11 November 2009

Reflections Of Amsterdam - Eye Want Candy!

Unedited shot of a biker and buildings in Amsterdam, reflected in a puddle, taken with my Panasonic DMC-FZ8. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

I just totally love that white'ish building in the background, it's pretty and it's got a little round tower, every time I bike by, I imagine sitting up there, watching over and guarding the best city in the world...but if I should see rain clouds coming our way, I'd run down the billions of stairs and hunch over the puddles with my mobile phone (even though this is one of my few pictures taken with my 'real cam' :), taking my world-famous (at least in Holland...OK, in Amsterdam, haha) wicked reflections to tease your eyes with :)

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will be back in the 'ABC Treehouse' again, running the Art exhibition as the 'Artist in Residency' this Saturday, the 14th of November, come and hang out with me and my friends, it's always fun and there's free coffee, details below :D

P.s. The title refers to the Candy-hungry kids that roamed the streets of Amsterdam/Holland/Europe/The World yesterday in search of willing victims that would give them sweet stuff in exchange for waving their little lanterns at them and singing them a song to celebrate St. Martin's Day :)


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On October the 4th a new Art exhibition started at the 'ABC Treehouse' in Amsterdam, featuring 10 of my wicked puddle reflections :D

The theme is "AMS * NYC * AMS an artistic look at a 400 year affair". Exhibition and Special Events, 4 October – 29 November 2009. At the ABC Treehouse, Voetboogstraat 11, 1012XK Amsterdam (the link goes to Google Maps).

Public viewing hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Time 13h00 to 18h00. Free admission.


More wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment