Saturday 11 July 2009

Reflections Of Amsterdam - Safety First!

Unedited mobile phone reflection of the Amstel Hotel and some people, reflected in a puddle in Amsterdam. No editing whatsoever, no tricks, no Photoshop, as usual :)

Thank God it's Friday!!!!

Yesterday I passed by the Amstel Hotel and saw these traffic controllers yelling at everybody passing by "You may ride on the side walk!" in this really annoyed, aggressive tone, so when I was done shooting this picture, I walked over to the lady you see above and asked her why she doesn't put up a sign saying "You may ride on the side walk!", so that she wouldn't have to say (or rather yell) it every few seconds, but she said she wasn't allowed to do so...I wasn't sure who to feel more sorry for, her or the people on the bikes that she almost yelled off their seats, hehe ;-)

A little later the chain of my bike broke or rather literally exploded, when I gave Bikey a power push...that has never happened to me before, ever, and I've been riding bikes since I was a wee little 3 year old wicked Reflectah! I googled for solutions to this misery and found out that seemingly this is a mishap that only occurs once in the lifetime of every biker :))

What was even more amazing was that I then bumped into the only person I've ever met in my life that happens to have a tool that is specifically made to fix a broken bike chain, and lucky me, he had it on him! Wow, what are the odds?! I should have played the lottery yesterday, I'm sure I would've cracked the Jackpot, hahaha :D

The chain seems to be fitter now after my fix, even though it doesn't look that happy anymore, hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment