Monday 2 November 2009

Reflections Of Amsterdam - Morning Glory

Unedited mobile phone cam shot of leafs in a puddle and the reflection of a biker and people outside the Magna Plaza, in Amsterdam. No editing, no magic tricks, no Photoshop :)

I usually don't like it when my phone cam focuses on the things outside the puddle instead of the actual reflection, but I do like this one, probably because the things inside the water are still visible and at the same time the Fall'ish vibe of the leafs adds a nice touch of color. As always, the people walking by my puddle were torn between assuming I'm a Madman that is doing unspeakable things to the wet spot, wondering if they should call the police (but then realized that the cops in the best city in the world mostly limit their work to molesting bikers without lights and it was broad(ish) daylight, hehe ;) and just pretending that they can't see this wicked Reflectah&his mobile hunching next to the water and leaving me alone, I mean this is Amsterdam after all and it takes a lot to freak people out :))

I wish I had all day to spot some nice places for my wicked reflections, right after taking this one I had to hop back on Bikey and hurry to work or risk coming late and having to explain to my boss that I missed the exquisite pleasure of Monday morning work just so that I could find puddles and play with them, lol ;-P

Almost weekend!




xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Saturday November 7th you can see lots of my wicked reflections on a BIG screen during the Museumnacht at the Stadsarchief at the Vijzelstraat 32, 1017 HL Amsterdam, from 19:00 - 02:00!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On October the 4th a new Art exhibition started at the 'ABC Treehouse' in Amsterdam, featuring 10 of my wicked puddle reflections :D

The theme is "AMS * NYC * AMS an artistic look at a 400 year affair". Exhibition and Special Events, 4 October – 29 November 2009. At the ABC Treehouse, Voetboogstraat 11, 1012XK Amsterdam (the link goes to Google Maps).

Public viewing hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Time 13h00 to 18h00. Free admission.


More wicked reflections

www.amstersam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment