Sunday 16 August 2009

Reflections Of Amsterdam - Watching The Crazy Man

Unedited mobile phone cam shot of girls and buildings, reflected in a puddle at the Rembrandtplein in Amsterdam. No editing at all, no tricks, no Photoshop :)

I was really lucky yesterday, it was a beautiful, perfect Summer day, so I plugged the earphones into my mobile, hopped on my bike and cruised through the best city in the world with an ethereal smile fixed to my face, it was sooo nice and I really appreciated every tiny detail, every beautiful thing and when I was ready to ride my steel horse back home, I found a tiny puddle that I used to take the picture above, yay :))

As you can see, the people passing by the puddle looked at me as if I was a Madman (and that is one of Adam's busiest streets, so lots of staring going on!), I felt really awkward and had to imagine they're all naked (not the men of course :) to make me feel less self conscious, hehe ;-P

Almost weekend!

P.s. I get a lot of questions about how I manage to take wicked reflection shots when it's not raining for days and with a mobile phone and without using Photoshop or any other kind of editing software...well, here's the answer:

I seem to have some kind of superhuman internal system that detects the tiniest patches of wetness, alerts me to their levels of reflection wickedness, makes me jump off Bikey and into a kneeling position that I use to point my mobile, hit the shutter and re-mount the bike to rush home and upload the unedited shot to Flickr :))

Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment