Thursday 6 August 2009

Reflections Of Amsterdam - The Gutterman

Unedited mobile phone cam shot of bikers and buildings, reflected in a puddle in Amsterdam. No editing, no tricks, no Photoshop :)

I really like this one, the way the gutter and the sidewalk meet and go through the middle of this shot looks extrawicked and makes me happy when I look at it :)

The title was inspired by the song 'Mr Gutterman' by Greg Osby. Here's a link to YouTube, check it out, it's "From 1993. Pre - bling era, back when music and artists were creative and still had integrity. This was Osby's heads up to the condition of the homeless."

I think it's one of the best Jazz/Rap songs of the 90s :)

And of course it helps that he is raising awareness for one of human societies uglier sides, Homelessness, and how it affects the lifes of those experiencing it and those around them...as you might know, this is a topic that I also voice my opinion about every now and then, hehe :)

Thank God it's Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment